Participate in a program with real impact
Now available, The Institutes CE for CPCUs reporting tool is an online resource that will support your participation in The Institutes CE for CPCUs program, allowing you to easily view and report completed continuing education activities and track your progress through the program.
The Institutes are encouraging all CPCUs to honor their commitment to continuing education. While no one's CPCU designation will be invalidated for failing to report continuing education, CPCUs who comply with the reporting requirements will be publicly recognized for their commitment to their industry and career.
How It Works
Complete 24 hours of practice-oriented credits every two years:
- Earn credits through The Institutes, The Institutes CPCU Society, CEU, and other qualifying activities. Find out what counts.
- Log credit hours on the reporting platform.
- Benefit from automated reporting of credits earned through The Institutes, CEU and select CPCU Society offerings.
- Submit the $189 reporting fee for each reporting period. For CPCU Society members, this cost is waived.
What Does This Mean for You?
- Current CPCUs:
- If your matriculation was approved on or before June 30, 2016, you have four years for your initial reporting period. Afterward, all CPCUs will follow a two-year reporting cycle.
- If your matriculation was approved on or after July 1, 2016, your initial reporting period is two years from the time you obtained the designation.
- Current CPCU Students:
- If your matriculation was approved on or before June 30, 2016, you have four years for your initial reporting period once you've obtained the designation. Afterward, all CPCUs will follow a two-year reporting cycle.
- If your matriculation was approved on or after July 1, 2016, your initial reporting period will be two years from the time you obtain the designation.
- Retired CPCUs:
- While this program has particular meaning to actively practicing CPCUs, continuing education is a good measure of your ongoing engagement in the industry.
For more information about the rules and requirements of the CE for CPCUs program, view the CE for CPCUs program handbook.